05-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #288
Jehuty95
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewalton View Post
I only care about other BMW owners and get upset when they act like those of us enjoying our wealth and our status symbols are somehow immoral when its they who have the insecurities and fake humility that are actually the problem.

I like my BMW because its a loaded and tech-heavy luxury car, the fact that it's a status-symbol is a bonus, and a bonus that we all knew about before we signed our purchase agreements.

You seem to think that a BMW is some pedestrian car, like a Ford or an Audi, and that anyone who thinks otherwise "is bad for the brand and makes me ashamed to be associated with them".

Take your elitist attitude and shove it. Ironic. You accuse me for being a wealthy elitist snob but its okay for you to be a poor elitist do-gooder? Makes no sense. At least I'm being honest, at least I bought the right car for the right reasons.

"I am so ashamed of BMW owners that I went and got an Audi." You know how stupid that sounds? You know how offensive that is to a common man making $48,000 a year that can't afford a tub of butter? If you don't want money, if it makes you so ashamed, stop whining about it to other rich people; give it away instead. I can think of a dozen charities that would truly appreciate you putting your big money where your big mouth is.
BMW's aren't luxury cars, thats why they have weak interiors, cept for the 7 series. Lol. If you want a luxury car go Mercedes, or Audi. BMW is mostly performance
2018 Audi S5 (Sold)
2023 BMW M4 Competition X Drive
Appreciate 0