Kafkaesque328
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewalton View Post
Very true.

I have never seen a bunch of rich people go so far out of their way to deny their success and announce their shame for all to see. It's distasteful. If they truly wanted to be pedestrian they'd give up the status symbol, buy a used Ford, and give their $399 a month to charity.

"I drive a car that costs more per year than most people can spend on groceries, but I'm not affected, I'm not different, just treat me like a normal guy." He says as he puts down his $500 briefcase and reaches for his $400 smartphone while he places his $5 cup of coffee into his $50,000 German luxury car and takes off for his $200,000 job.

The world weeps for you folks, it truly does.
You say you are an executive which tells me that you work for someone else, meaning, it's not your company and thus you spend your time making money for men who are far richer than you and in turn, you are well compensated for it. I'm ofcourse making assumptions here but you paint yourself out to be a corporate mid-level manager. Color us all impressed. You in turn drive a 4 cylinder sedan with some nice features and tech that will be totally dated in about 5 years when your current car is worth less than a new Camry. Just like the other guy said, you are settling for mediocrity. If you kept your big mouth shut, no one would mention it but in the scheme of people who can truly afford exotic cars, the 328i is not on their laundry list of cars. A loaded 328i is a really nice car if you are picketing for higher wages in front of the Carl's Jr. you work at, but come on now. If we continue to follow your logic, guys who are truly 'rich' don't drive a 328i.

I'm sorry to break this to you man, but you're not rich and you don't roll like a rich man. Now go whack it some more to your backup camera.

Past: 2014 Black 320i | Sport Pkg | BMS Stage 1
Appreciate 0