Technology Package
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Sport/Luxury/M-Sport Line
Lighting Package
Driver Assistance Package
Metallic Paint
28i or 35i Engine

If your car doesn't have these, it's not the Ultimate Driving Machine. "Slap springs on a stripper"? That's not the attitude of a BMW owner. Head Up Display, Navigation, Voice Command, Heated Seats, Rear Camera, Park Distance Control, Leather Seats, Adjustable Power Seats.....that's the way BMW intended the car to be sold. These aren't options; they are necessities that BMW allowed you to strip off to save a few bucks and transform their brilliant luxury car into the Ultimate Poseur Machine.

Your car looks like mine, but it isn't mine. You want to show off to your friends, that's cool, "look at me I can afford a BMW", but we BMW owners know what's what.
Basically you define a BMW as only good enough if you buy it 'as BMW defines it', which to me just means whatever nets them the most profit. And seriously, they make some nice money on options/packages.

If you like the tech trinkets, small luxury items available, etc. that's fine, but that doesn't make your car a status TO everybody or FOR everybody.

I do not view my 328i as a status symbol. I could care less if the trunk opens for me, or the seats move for me, or there's some fancy computer options. I like how my 328i DRIVES. I spent very little extra money on my car, and yet I wouldn't enjoy driving your 328i any more than I would enjoy driving mine. And you feel differently; no problem, good for you. Just don't assume everyone else is inferior if they didn't choose to pay for superfluous options that change nothing about they driving dynamics.

Last edited by simongym; 05-15-2014 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: missing word
Appreciate 0