08-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #10
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinfast View Post
Wow, you don't know what you're talking about. How do you have any idea how much education I have?
No, I'm not stupid enough to believe what I hear from the media. I am educated in this field, thank you, and have many colleagues in the medical field who know it destroys your body. Although you may not see the damage right away, it's there for the long term. Why don't you do your research -- steroids age your heart very fast and your connective tissue gets destroyed because they can't keep up with the rate of muscle growth.
Here is an exampe of one of those studies that doctors speak from:

"The steroid-using group included 12 male weight lifters, average age 40, who reported taking about 675 milligrams of steroids per week for nine years. The control group was seven age-matched, male weight lifters who reported no steroid exposure. Both groups had similar durations of past and current weight lifting and other physical activity, as well as similar cardiac risk factors other than steroid use. Although the users and non-users had comparable body-mass indices and body-surface areas, the steroid users had more muscle mass than the non-users."

Im sorry but 675 mgs of AAS for 9 years straight is plain and simple abuse and that person will definitely have big time heart issues. Now if you talk with people who cycle once or twice a year properly and take precautions and follows the time on for time off method will most likely not run into these issues
You can't go off of studies unless you understand what was actually done during the studies. And unless your buddies are endocrinologist take what they say about steroid use with a grain of salt.

Last edited by RambleJ; 08-14-2012 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0