Thread: 335xi 0-60?
View Single Post
      10-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
rocko911
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 335i Sports line

Well I have a F30 335i and my best 0-60 was 6.2 secs! Thats way too slow compared to what BMW and other magazines are claiming of 5.3 - 5.5 secs. I did it on a complete dead stop and using immediate kickdown on the pedal without using the launch technique rev to 2k etc.. I didnt use the launch method thinking it might be harmful to the engine, brakes & gear according to what my dealer quoted.

I tried all modes sports & sports + and what surprised me most was that I was getting better results when the shifter was on the "D" rather than shifting it to the left "DS" I know it depends on a lot of variables including climate and tyres etc.. I need to try it again but whats the best way to launch and in what mode?

The 335xi will definitely be quicker at least 0.3- 0.5 faster than the 335i. The bottom line is that magazines will state something else but we drivers need to see ourselves what performance we are getting on the clock. 0-100 or 0-60 nowadays is a marketing tactic used by auto companies just to advertise their product. Also USA BMW website claims 0-60 in 5.1 secs for the 335i while the European site claims 5.5 secs. So it doesnt matter what they say , its up to you to find out your self what you get.
Appreciate 0