02-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #14
631twentyeighteye
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'm sorry, but I just don't get this inferior quality thing with BMW vs. American cars. As far as reliability there are several American brands that rank higher than BMW. As far as interiors go, I think people are confusing "quality" with styling. Styling is a preference; quality is an attribute to either the functional design for a particular use or the materials and workmanship. I could point to the E90's early build years with peeling interior parts and everyone's complaints about the cupholders (which I like BTW).

I think a lot of Bimmer owners try to justify their purchase of a car that has somewhat less reliability than an American car for $15K more in price by saying the interior quality is poor. Most current model American cars I have been in have an interior build quality on par with my E90.
My family has owned mostly american cars, and the interior on nearly all of them is of lesser value compared to european equivalents. My dads GM truck? its a 50 thousand dollar truck with the worst interior in the world, everything is plastic and all of the dash lights have went out before the car was 6 years old because they cheap out and put in regular bulbs instead of LED's. BMW doesn't just give you a nice styling(my opinion of course), they think of the little things and that's where the extra cost comes into play. I've been in various GM models and i can 100 percent say that their interiors are not impressive in any way shape or form. Camaro interiors? garbage, mustang interiors? also garbage. I imagine the luxury version of GM is a bit better, but none the less they love to cheap out on their interiors.

Government motors peak has come and gone with the 80's in my personal opinion, i refuse to buy from a company that had to be saved by the government because of terrible structuring. That and i plain hate 90 percent of their cars.

This is from my own experience, i'm not trying to justify the cost of my bmw, i don't give a shit about that. Though overall interior isn't a very important aspect of a car to me, it's certainly nice to have a well built and comfortable one(not referring to my 1er, because i hate the cup holders and get some pops in the summer. Mostly mean my dads 335i and my moms VW CC).