svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Thanks for your Confirmation SVache, my mom has told me something about the RDDs, but back then (a year ago) i was a bit skeptical that she heard it right...
but still, being an engineer myself, i didn't think it was far fetched...
especially knowing how the French government has been tracking down (and collecting) on road rules infractions for the past 7 years... it wouldn't surprise me.

Still up until today, i never was sure that French police would have the capabilities, ... Thanks for the link Svache!

I will try to be a law abiding citizen... now that i am well above that maturity age of 30 ...
Sadly enough they have this technology for at least 6-7 years now. Like you, I was very skeptical they would have this but it was in the news quite a few times, and also on those tv shows, that they actually had this technology. Made me get rid of my own detector.

Technically it's not such a weird technology. In order to detect a radar, it needs to send out a signal, and the detector-detector simply has to catch that signal. Kind of like how sonar works, I imagine

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0