View Single Post
      01-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #31
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
Fair point, from a dig, the driver mod plays a big factor in high hp cars. He probably didnt know how to launch it properly. Try it again at speed and I'm certain you'll see a different outcome.

Although it does seem that the pre 2013's/non 1LE SS's arent much faster than the 335, even in the 1/4. But the 1LE is in a different world. Running the 1/4 a full second faster than the 335 and 0-60 in low 4s. That and from the lightning lap, we all know what they can do around the track. Not bad for a $37k car.

The GT is a beast too, better than the regular SS's (not 1LE). Too bad american muscle dont make a smooth auto transmission like can be found in the 3 series or I may have seriously thought about buying one.

Manuals are great fun, but not so much in city traffic for daily driving.
I have yet to drive a 1LE but may test drive one this weekend. I have driven the 2013 Boss 302 and the GT500 both very fast cars. I am not sure I could live them as a daily driver but they are a lot of fun to drive.

Believe it or not I raced a 5.0 GT today from a 20 mph roll and slowly pulled him. He must not know how to drive because he should be 4 tenths faster than me. I don’t care because I won and winning is winning. lol
Appreciate 0