11-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #15
DerekS
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
Answer to Question B:
With all due respect to you, do not bother yourself about what other people want in a few years time when you are buying the car for yourself NOW! When it comes time to sell your car, they will look at the age, price, how many kms you have travelled and how well it has been looked after. They won't care terribly much if it has this or that option as it is a second hand car. They cannot choose the options. If they could, they would buy a new one.
This is all very well to state. However, based on the many years that I spent in the retail auto business, I can assure you that the five biggest factors in resale are : the model year, the condition of the vehicle, the odometer reading, and the exterior and interior colours. The wrong choice for interior can detract as much as $3-$4K from the ultimate value of your car. Beige interior would IMO be a wrong choice if resale is of concern to you.

Since you asked about the top 3 options beyond the MUST HAVES, I would suggest NAV, M adaptive suspension and Digital radio. The MUST HAVES for me would be M Sport pkg.,Bi-xenons and sunroof.
But you should buy only what is important to you.

Last edited by DerekS; 11-01-2012 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 0