07-20-2014, 10:09 PM   #84
Monkey Punk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
I have Coral Red with Mineral Grey and love the red interior, including the lower dash. In fact, the availability of something other than the boring old black or impractical beige helped sway me to the BMW. ( I was considering various options including Lexus and Audi).

I admit the lower dash would be nicer if it was leather covered instead of color-keyed plastic, but I wouldn't want to change it from red. The Dakota leather is fairly firm and plasticky in any case, but at least it's easy-care and hopefully durable.

Our local dealers order most cars with the black interior, supposedly for resale value. So, the few CR cars that arrive here are mostly special orders. Now, if (say) only 40% really like CR and only 20% of the available cars are CR, then it will be in twice as much demand as the black when it comes to resale, at least relative to the number of available cars.

So, I see it as an asset, not a liability. In any case, I bought the car I liked, not trying to second-guess someone who might buy it in the future.

BTW, I suggest you don't discount CR without seeing it in person. It really is more of a dull, brick red than it appears in photos. The pics seem to make it look much more vibrant and confronting.
Very nice!
Appreciate 0