04-19-2018, 09:07 AM   #97
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Mine arrived as well.

Assuming everyone is planning to install with the spring for the first go around, correct?

Was reading the paper it came with that describes the differences.

Would hate to have to take everything apart again to remove spring.

Also... picked up the following from harbor freight. Is there anything else I may need?
So long as those are thin enough to get in there, you could do without loosening the manifold of course.

As for the spring, that is up to you and everyone else. All it comes down to is: Do you want or care about the occasional flutter when you release low boost buildup? If yes, install. If no, don't install. Simple as that. I personally think it sounds cool and even better when I'm going through the hills and release it high gear, low RPM/low throttle. If you don't like it or find it tacky, you can remove the spring but at that point, why install at all? If your stock DV is torn, then I could see why; otherwise, you're wasting your time because the DV+ will operate the same as the stock one. The DV+ is there to provide a stiffer spring and only one hole vs 6-7(Whichever number it is. Might be 8).

Sorry to rant, just surprised that people (not you, SSpade) are reluctant to do their own research and prove flutter harmful, despite the overwhelming amount of evidence and support from engineers.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0