View Single Post
      10-31-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomer123 View Post
There are so many bloody threads on this it's ridiculous.
Bascially, the Sport Auto is better than the standard auto in every area and that's not opinion, that's fact so don't let anybody tell you differently.
I didn't feel the standard auto responded or shifted quickly enough, and therefore gave power interruptions which were constant as there are 8 cogs to go through.
The Sport Auto is telepathically good and super smooth in D. And then when you want some fun, DS and Manual mode (M/S) has the car bang through the gears like a DCT transmission - it really is unbelievably quick and responsive.
Aesthetically, you get a nicer gear lever, a nice leather surround (instead of plastic), and flappy paddles. It also adds Sport+ to the car if you do not have Adaptive M Suspension.
So the standard auto is good, but for the little bit extra, you might as well purchase perfection.
the sad thing is its actaully the same transmission underneath. just with a different shift pattern program, and the paddle shifters and the leather surround.

i ordered it. i think $500 honestly is a justifiable price. i mean if most people don't want to pay for the work that went into developing that shift program then thats fair. totally worth buying from what i've read , when i see sport / m-sport trims on lots without it, it hink it is a shame.
Appreciate 0