View Single Post
      03-16-2016, 08:01 PM   #37
chuckles01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Sport, 6M

Yeah, I still have never driven a 335i or a Dinan-tuned 328i, nor have I raced with anyone else so I can't say anything with certainty how I stack up against the various different tunes.

However, I do know that my GSR stage 1 tune is a mild one, since I got the revised version that doesn't put as much stress on the car. I'm sure that there are piggybacks out there running different maps that produce way more power than mine. I was under the impression that my gains, though mild, should put me close to a stock 335i territory, but I don't know.

What I did do for fun is to time myself via the M-laptimer app doing various runs and comparing them to test results from car magazines. Not scientific at all I know, but was just curious. As you can see from my first post, while my 0-60 isn't great (chalk that up to poor manual launch skills, and a reluctance to abuse my clutch ), nearly every other stat is close to a stock manual 435i tested by C&D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty P View Post
Well I can tell you from test driving a stock 335i M ( hammering it both directions ) on the freeway,and driving stock 328i M the 335 had a big edge.
Fast-forward 3 months after buying the 328i M I chose it because it was Estorial Blue and the 335 was black /red interior not my taste .... I did the dinan stage 1 and now I can honestly say they are evenly matched maybe the 328 has a small edge because it is a few pounds lighter .Also I have installed a shadow 4 throttle re-mapper so I am 9X faster on acceleration than a stock vehicle. the shadow 4 is a must have.
Appreciate 0