09-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
Serenitygal3
Formerly bmwluvr3 on e90post.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdrebin View Post
Check other threads on this site which have the complete text of the relevant Service Bulletin which states that the recoding is FREE to the customer and done at their specific request. If you bought it at Fairfax, then call them & wise them up....if they still want $$ then I'd call BMWNA and blow the whistle on them!! Don't settle for that rip-off!! If you bought it elsewhere, then call the SA or Service Dept. at that dealer.

FYI: My car just arrived at Baltimore and I've arranged with my SA to have the re-coding done before I pick it up..probably next week.
Thanks for the tip about contacting BMW NA. I'm going to call around to see if I can get a service center to do the coding free of charge but I've just been too busy. I hope I succeed but if I don't, I'm going to get in contact with bmwna and let them know. Can you let me know if your dealership does the recode for you? Thanks
AT with Shift Paddles - AW/Black Dakota Leather/Hexagon Aluminum with High Gloss Black Trim - Cold Weather Package - Premium Package - Driver Assistance Package - Driver Assistance Plus - Dynamic Handling Package - Technology Package - Parking Assistant - Harman Kardon Surround Sound System.
Appreciate 0