View Single Post
      07-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #147
mikew2069
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
Don't quote me as I'm no expert, but if my understanding on how the exhaust is monitored, you will throw a code eventually if you venture away from stock (even High Flow should read abnormal). You can get a tune to auto delete the code if you want but without a tune it will be there.

Increase should be about 30hp with all else stock, but that is dependent on tunes, with the freer flowing nature of going aftermarket DP you can more safely turn up the boost and get more gains (see Stage 2 JB4 and DP producing 360hp/410tq at the wheels with no other mods).

You can go to the BMS website and look at dynos with stock and tuned and with DP. Looks like their stock car produced about 275hp and stock map produced 305hp with a DP. And up from there using Map and and Map 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
I'm 99% sure it will throw a code (although JB4 Stage 2 would delete it). It's just an exhaust code saying the the cat isn't doing as good of a job as it should with filtering emissions (which is obvious since that's how you're getting more flow).

But should you take it to the dealer and the CEL pops up they'll quickly figure out that you have an aftermarket DP. They can't exactly void your whole warranty because of it (maybe exhaust related issues should they creep up). The general idea is that if something breaks and they can attribute it to a mod then it's on your dime to fix it. Not sure what a freer flowing down pipe could break though. Rumor is that it's actually easier on the turbos but I've only heard a person or two mention that as it's not usually the selling factor.
That pretty much sums it up. There are actually quite a few people running Challenge's HFC dp and a couple have reported no codes. I'm running the JB4 so it deletes any would be dp cel.
2016 F15 50i ///M-Sport
BM3/H&R/Borla
Appreciate 0