View Single Post
      10-12-2012, 03:39 AM   #9
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Funny how this thread brings back memories from 7 years ago when the E90 posters were pretty much up in arms about the lack of temp gauge on the dash. No doubt the reason BMW brought it back for the F30.

The E90 has a number of temp sensors in & around the engine measuring different temp levels, so a single temp gauge was not practical. At least this is what I understood the reasoning to be.

So now that the gauge is baaaaack, it is probably just a guide gauge because there are probably multiple temp sensors in the F30. So is everyone happy to see the needle at the half way point rather than below it? If so, why?

Personally, once I see where it settles after a number of uses, I am not fussed as to its up to temp position. I'm looking forward to it.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0