04-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #10
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Grouphug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznick View Post
My thoughts exactly. I'm, still waiting on my 328( well , its actually gonna be me wifes car. But she's had track days and done some autocross). We ordered a sportline. I was fortunate enough to have a new sportline 328 for a week while one of my other cars was in for service.I drove the car almost exclusively in sport mode. It seemed to go right where i pointed it . I 'd say if there was anything letting the car down , it was the tires giving up before the suspension or chassis,but thats an easy fix.It didn't seem to matter how I put it into a corner. NIce and clean, A little jerky and dive bomb it sideways, or trail brake through the corner to get the rear around and squeeze on the gas. So if anyone is worried about the steering,,,,,don't believe the hype
You can toss the F30 around like an idiot. Just like I did with my former 3 series E36/46/90 etc.
Understeer is very far away(also depending on the tyres) , and my Bridgestones almost don't shreek at all. Not like the tyres of let's say a decade ago. But still you just feel what the F30 is going to do. Anytime.
Slalom, autocross, trackdays(well not exactly, I'd choose a 1M for that). Some daily fun when traffic allows it:Roundabouts and flyovers. In sportmode it just feels alright. Like the former 3 series I had.

What's the point in hating? My ex E90 M3 was maybe 200lbs heavier than my current F30 335i and it too was a marvel around corners/trackdays as well(for it's size/weight and the competition). Only the damn brakes were gone after 5 laps at Assen Moto GP I recall....
About the F30 competition:
Try to toss an A4 around the things I mentioned above. Hate to say it, but it will get boring after 5 minutes for sure. A C350 maybe, after half an hour you think the same thing as in the Audi( I'm not talking RS/AMG stuff here, just the bread and butter F30competition)

ANY F30 is a great car for its purpose: To go from A to B in a rather sporty way. This time with more space/comfort and more electronic gadgets.

And with one push of the button...tadaa.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0