04-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #19
ramendenhall
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Grouphug.

You can toss the F30 around like an idiot. Just like I did with my former 3 series E36/46/90 etc.
Understeer is very far away(also depending on the tyres) , and my Bridgestones almost don't shreek at all. Not like the tyres of let's say a decade ago. But still you just feel what the F30 is going to do. Anytime.
Slalom, autocross, trackdays(well not exactly, I'd choose a 1M for that). Some daily fun when traffic allows it:Roundabouts and flyovers. In sportmode it just feels alright. Like the former 3 series I had.

What's the point in hating? My ex E90 M3 was maybe 200lbs heavier than my current F30 335i and it too was a marvel around corners/trackdays as well(for it's size/weight and the competition). Only the damn brakes were gone after 5 laps at Assen Moto GP I recall....
About the F30 competition:
Try to toss an A4 around the things I mentioned above. Hate to say it, but it will get boring after 5 minutes for sure. A C350 maybe, after half an hour you think the same thing as in the Audi( I'm not talking RS/AMG stuff here, just the bread and butter F30competition)

ANY F30 is a great car for its purpose: To go from A to B in a rather sporty way. This time with more space/comfort and more electronic gadgets.

And with one push of the button...tadaa.

Cheers
Robin

Exactly!

This car just puts a smile on my face everytime I get behind the wheel.
Appreciate 0