05-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #7
fricfracfrank
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55x3 View Post
They take 2 minutes to remove. If you are looking at the back of the car there are 3 clips on each reflector. For the first reflector removal I'd lay on your back under the rear of the vehicle (once you do it once you can remove them without crawling under). Press in the clip that is closet to the middle of the car and push outward lightly. This will undue the inside clip, then for the middle clip you have to press down and push lightly. The third clip (the one towards the outside of the car) isn't so much a clip as it is more of a hook to hold the reflector in. When the inside and middle clips have been depressed you can just push on the reflector and it will pop out.

I just pulled mine out a couple days ago to tint them. Did a mock up by putting some clear tape on them and cut that to shape. Then sprayed VHT niteshade to tint them relatively dark. After I reinstalled them I decided it was a little odd looking on my MSport so I simply pulled the now tinted clear tape off and reinstalled the reflectors. I may decide to paint them the same color as the diffuser at a later date.

THANK YOU! I just didnt want to start ripping them off and ruin anything.
Appreciate 0