Reznick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 ,01 330,M240?

Quote:
Originally Posted by batislav View Post
e46: Length 176" Width 68.5"
ATS: Length 182.8" Width 71.1" (taken from cadillac website)
f30: Length 182.5" Width 71.3"

So, can I assume that the f30 is also VERY close to the e46 in dimensions? I wonder why so many people are complaining about bloat?

Btw, I think women can appreciate driving and good cars. It's nonsense to blame them for a "softening" of the 3 series.
Caddy said they wanted to use the E46 as their base is size and feel. But like everyone else that talks about making their cars smaller , it just never happens.Although the feel(the way it drives. Looks on the other hand are subjective) of the car is very nice (crumple zones and having a place to put 20 airbags , I'm sure doesn't help) .It seems to be a natural progression with every car no matter the manufacturer.I can understand the weight going up because some things are out of their control( government mandated add ons & to negate that means costly lighter materials). I really hope someone comes to their sense and gets away from SO much luxury.& I'll fully agree with you that the "softening" of the 3 series is for the ladies. Thats a load of crap.My wife does a lot of track time( or did , before i got hurt) and the last thing she wants is a "soft" car.She doesn't even want the car she uses as daily drivers to feel isolated and disconnected.Though I wouldn't go as far as to say thats how the current 3 series feels .
Appreciate 0