01-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #14
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER View Post
Whenever there's a problem why does someone always say BMW is notorious for this or that?

Isn't glass glass? All the same? My 97 m3 that's seen a ton of miles isn't pitted. My old scion Xbox was pitted to shit. I attribute it to the angle of the windshield.
Because it usually IS? In short, glass is not glass. Some quick Googling of "soft BMW windshield" or "BMW windshield pitting" will probably provide some overwhelming data for you to digest.

There are many variables that will affect everyone's experiences. In my region, there's a ton of crap on the roads that's constantly getting kicked up. Anyone familiar with the PA and NJ turnpikes will be able to relate. I've had over 20 BMWs of all vintages. I replace windshields as a routine maintenance item. None of my other cars (driven on the same roads) have had as many. Hell, I have two pits already on my new car with 1,800 miles on the clock. And I've been very careful to stay far behind other cars and trucks. I don't even know where or when I got them.
Appreciate 0