View Single Post
      05-29-2014, 02:56 PM   #72
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
Individual paint? 20" forged wheels? Seriously? What about the M3/4's carbon drive shaft and carbon roof that you can't get on a dressed up 335/435?

The M Performance Ed. (a.k.a. M3/M4 wannabe) MSRP is $66K and $70K for the 335i and 435i. The MSRP is $74K and $75K for the M3 and M4, (a.k.a., the real thing, not a wannabe). That a difference of $8K and $4K. Not a whole lot of difference when you're paying at these prices.

I don't care if you add paint of real 24K Gold and 21" wheels blessed by the pope, it's still not an real M car. An M car is in a different league performance-wise than a suped up 3/4 Series. A different class of car. In this price range, I would take a "stripper" M3 over a flashy 335i each and every day.
If any of you could read it would truly be amazing.

I said SEVERAL times I'm not debating which car is "Better" or "Real" or whatever.

All I am illustrating is that an M3/4 is more expensive in Canada than in the US and that when similar specs (most of which are tech driven) are put on the M3/4 the price comes to about $100K CAD. And that the value on the M-Perf cars is actually pretty good when you look at the cost of the individual components. I didn't set the pricing, BMW did.

I don't give a crap what car you drive or wish you could drive or whatever. It's your money, get whatever you want. Just don't chastise others for the decisions they made that were right for them by referring to cars as "wannabe" M cars. Everyone who actually knows what an "M" car is, knows that the M-Perf cars are not M cars and they're not trying to be. Fact is, they are still very nice cars and a good value for the components that come with them. In other words...don't be such an a-hole.
Appreciate 0