View Single Post
      02-26-2016, 05:27 AM   #1
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

BMW Z4 E85 M/3L or 911 996 Carrera

Looking for advice from anyone who experienced the BMW Z4 E85 M or 3 litre as well as the 911 996 Carrera, as my 2nd garage queen, with manual gear box, I am not into track days, but looking more for a cruiser with a manual gear box that I miss, and a nice engine noise, I am also incline to take design seriously, and a big fun of the looks of the Z4 coupe, not too keen on the roadster!
The 911 996 not the best looking 911 but the 911 lines are present, my only concerns are the earlier model reliability issues, after all it was the time Porsche was on the blink of going down and only saved by the boxster, so not surprise the quality was at its lowest by Porsche standards.
The reason why I am pushing for earlier model on both cars is to avail of the Classic Insurance possible when the cars hit 20 even when from Road tax side still not a Classic until 30 years of age, I am in Ireland like some Nordic countries, the place is hell for Petrol heads due to high taxes and Insurance prices, a 4 cylinder 5 series F10 matches the price of an X5 straight six in England.

Nothing beat getting the feedback from someone with ownership of both or either, thanks for all your suggestions.
Appreciate 0