View Single Post
      07-29-2015, 08:27 PM   #4
andrew777
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i alpine white

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfilter View Post
Does anyone have any experience using truecar.com? The estimates are 11-12% off MSRP, and I was wondering if this was achievable.
I got quotes of around $340-350 with only $2450 down for 7 MSD's on a pretty bare 328i recently. That included taxes, pretty high dealers fees, etc, but the sale price was $35000 on a car that was $40,550 MSRP. They also tried to mark the MF up a little bit so in theory I guess $300-320 may be possible, but difficult.

In the end I settled for a CPO demo car. Same price essentially ($325/month, but I will put $1000 down (first month and $700 dealer fees) for a loaded car. M-Sport, Nav, Premium, Tech, and a bunch of other stuff I don't really need. That being said, I really wanted a car with M-Sport so I pulled the trigger. $53k sticker, Selling price of $39k.

I probably could have saved some money here as well, but they were so honest and helpful (no BS with the MF, up front about all the fees they charge, etc) that I didn't want to haggle over a few bucks. What kicked the price up more than anything was that it came with lojack pre-installed, which bumps the payment up about $20 a month now. That being said, the price was great, and they really were "no-nonsense".