300hp
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: X5 & 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_335i View Post
I use eco pro basically everytime unless i want to have fun.

Anyone no does bmw get there fuel economy numbers thru eco pro mode or normal mode?
I tried that for a week to see what the numbers would be. Wound up lasting 2 days before I could not take it anymore. The car is such a slug in Eco Pro around town. Honestly, for me if I was super concerned about fuel economy I would not have got a 335. I would have opted instead for the 328I which has better mpg numbers. Driving in Eco Pro all the time just wasn't enjoyable in this car at all and in 2 days time the numbers were not that much better around town anyway. Like I said earlier, Hwy is a definite win in Eco pro.
I don't think the issue is to get Prius type gas mileage, it's to get more mileage than you would ordinarily get from your normal driving. Be it a 328 or 335

For example I had not used Eco pro mode on my current tank. I had to go to church with the kids so I started the car in Eco pro since I did not have time to go to the gas station before getting to church. My tank had about 50 miles to go and church is 25 miles away. I got to church and my tank still had 50 miles to go. On my way back I drive about 15 miles before filling her up and the tank at that stage had 42 miles to go. I was driving in the slow lane at about 60mph the whole time.

My graphs were mostly in the 40mpg zone, this is how I have fun in Eco pro mode, just watch those graphs go up. Speed is not even my concern, even though it feels like a corolla.

I am sure same goes for everyone who uses it, if not in the mood and would rather engage in other things like a conversation with friends or kids, just throw it in Eco pro mode, get better gas mileage as a bonus . There are plenty of instances in life when sport or sport+ can be used

Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2013 X5 35d Sport
Prem, Convenience, Cold and Premium Sound packages
Appreciate 0