View Single Post
      11-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau
So I decided to stop researching, dreaming & drooling, and time to take action.

I went to my local BMW dealer and decided to talk turkey on a 328i. I had received a novated lease quote from a leasing company that was only ok... not that great, but a great comparison. I've always been able to negotiate list price as my drive away, and was surprised that the leasing company was more expensive.

After much bargaining I've walked away with a 328i on order list price! I found that really odd because I had this strategy mapped out where I would try to play the dealers off to get the deal I wanted. I still cannot believe how easy it was to get the deal.

What I have is the 328i with
- adaptive M suspension
- sunroof
- heated front seats
- parking assist
- Euro plates
- 360 servicing for 4 years.

In the end I opted for a beige interior with black mats rather than pay extra for a line. It wasn't worth the $$$ in the end. I also umm'ed after discovering sports seats are not standard, but it took the total price waaay above my already stretched budget.

Before I placed the order, I have to say that I did test drive the 320d and found the torque really addictive. I wanted to test the 328i back to back, but whoever was driving it was sure hogging the car.

I lost patience and thought to enquire about pricing just to kill time. Turns out that I never got to drive it back to back, and thought that I would be walking away with some nice indicative pricing. I had no idea I would be putting a deposit today and walking away with a frigging order!!

The soonest I could get a build was December... so I thought stuff it and set a build date commencing in January. Rationale is
1. have a 2013 build date
2. if MY13.5 comes out in January, I get the benefit of any updates & improvements.

What a buzz !! I still cannot believe it and I'm pinching myself!
If you ordered Pro Nav you will get the revised system which starts in AU/NZ SA built cars in December production.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0