Thread: New 320i Deal
View Single Post
      06-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #11
ravennole
Private
Rep
Drives: 2001 325 ci coupe

You always have to factor in that just like a shirt you find on the 80% off rack at Nordstrom or Macy's, cars can not sell for whatever reason and a dealer will accept a slight loss or a break even to move on from it. It's not common and its not ideal but that's business. In December or January, if you see a 2013 like new or brand new, you can grab a great deal. People on here always complain about a test drive or loaner car but of you leasing than who cares? You can get a great car for a great deal and you have 0 liability later on in the cars cycle.

Personally, I felt comfortable with my deal and the dealer made a very good profit but if I didn't haggle, the profit would have been enormous. If someone comes in and negotiates 1k off Msrp and the dealer has a slight mf markup, the dealer makes 3-4k on the sale price maybe up to 5k with incentives, 5-10 a month on mf, 500 dealer fee, 200 markup on acquisition fee and probably another small fee or two along the way.

The average Joe is Doing this and isn't on a BMW site looking for advice and guidance on the negotiation like we are.

Just like some people on here think esteril blue is a common car in real life because its common among enthusiasts, the average Joe doesn't get the deal we do.

My dealer sold my family 2 cars and have us a "family discount" at 466 a month. I negotiated that down to 449 and he still made a solid profit. That difference? All profit on top of the fact that he 466 is probably lower than they would normally go
Appreciate 0