wdlv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
Hmm. I'm planning to get the H/K option and the fact that equaliser settings are offered, and necessary, doesn't fill me with confidence. You shouldn't need to fiddle with the equaliser settings on a truely high-end hifi system to make it sound good - in fact you can usually tell a truely good home hifi amp because it won't have equaliser options on it.

If H/K have done their job properly the best equaliser settings should be the default ones.
@Feanor
Congratulations on choosing the HK sound option, my comment was not meant to alarm anyone, what I was saying is the the default sound out of the HK system is phenomenal. However, if you are listening to a particular track that you think needs tweaking you can do so via the equalizer that is so much more powerful than just Bass/Treble adjustments.

I can attest to this from my e90 experiences, I had the HK option on my 06 330i but did not get it on my 10 328i. I know that for that particular year there were other issues going on (such as not having a dedicated amplifier, etc.) but I could definitely hear the differences. I knew that I would be upgrading to a new car so, I didn't let it bother me. Having said that I have heard much better reviews of the HiFi systems of late so, owners should be fine with that choice.

To continue with the earlier thought, the equalizer is particularly excellent for channeling more bass, specifically from the subwoofers (you cannot do this with merely Bass/Treble) furthermore, midrange adjustments are great if you need them). My personal experience was that I almost never touched the equalizer since on the HK system it wasn't really necessary since you get so much more range with true tweeter speakers, midrange speakers and lowrange subwoofers.
Appreciate 0