View Single Post
      06-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #31
AJG1137
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jftoha View Post
Well, to begin with, Hartge GmbH has been tuning BMW's for over 40 years. Also, they do thorough automobile tuning including engine, suspension, interior, wheels and aerodynamics that go on to form a Hartge model car with its own model designation. They may not be considered a "Car Manufacturer" like Alpina, but they are on a different level to all other BMW tuners with the exception of AC Schnitzer. The amount of research and development that a company like Hartge can do is hard to match. Also, I am pretty sure that Hartge has a relationship with BMW that is more collaborative. The fact that they are German and located in Germany also gives them and advantage.

What I say above does not mean I don't have respect for Burger Tuning, in fact, I may buy their Tune module as soon as they clear some of the issues the JB3 may be having on the F10, but I also see the value in large companies putting the capital to do research and provide service and warranties that smaller companies may never be able to provide.
I see now. I am familiar with Alpina and AC Schnitzer. But honestly I had not heard of Hartge. My first impression when I saw the post was that Hartge was a European version of Burger/Vishnu. Points above well taken.

All else equal, I guess I still see Burger as the better value for a piggy back tune only, despite its "drag racing" focus. I appreciate wide adoption of the product and community of enthusiasts that share information. I think this is conducive to development that yields products that meet average BMW enthusiast demand. I don't doubt Hartge has a more sophisticated and stroried approach to their tuning and thats fine for those that want that type of tune and other modifications they offer.
Appreciate 0