tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltidef32 View Post
Honestly, the true comp is coming from Cadillac. The ATS doesn't sell, but the ATS-V is a business focused performer.

Caddy seems to be the one that will have BMW looking over its shoulder one day.

Lexus makes totally different cars, they originally chased Caddy and Benz, so their DNA is softer and on the luxury side.

If you want Japanese luxury performance, Acura is your car, followed by Infiniti. Some will even say that I have that backwards; I'm bias towards Honda because I love them. :-).

Have said it before; anyone who gets behind the wheel of a Lexus and enjoys the drive, wasn't really a BMW driver anyway, so please get the Lexus.

Soft drivers and their soft demands are ruining BMW. I want them all to self-evict.
Isn't this why BMW is worried more about Lexus than Caddy? If BMW is trying to be more things to more people (and record 3 Series sales show it), then wouldn't Lexus, and their sales volume, be more of a threat than Caddy, even though the ATS is more of a true driver's car? Caddy can't get out of its own way--while no one should discount them, they are not going to be a competitive force any time soon. The V-Series limited production vehicles don't have enough volume to be a threat to any brand.
Appreciate 0