09-18-2016, 09:25 PM   #17
Insane435
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435ix M Sport EWG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Thrillride View Post
RW Carbon has a CF and poly rear diffuser. The CF model has the ridging between the exhaust outlets, the mesh cutout, and it's $599. They have a poly piece too that looks good and is $280.

Ikonsport's is CF, no ridges, has mesh cutouts, and is $450. good price

Mach 5's is $699, again CF, with 2 ridges and no mesh cutout.

I saw a CF model for $1,400 US and don't remember the manufacturer. I'm sure it's a nice piece, but too much for me.

Rieger's ABS-simulated carbon is, IMHO, kinda cheesy, but their gloss black quad tip diffuser looks good and the price is right.

For the CF pieces, I would assume, although I may be totally wrong, you will need to manipulate the bumper to get the CF diffusers to fit.

Laying CF is a lot harder than one would think. I have tried small projects for parts on my race bike and it gave me a new respect for how you would design and lay carbon, and when you're dealing with long curves, how hard it actually is to get it perfect, especially a final product that needs to fit into another piece. The ridges take time so because I prefer the ridges as it looks more like a diffuser looks, I can appreciate a piece with ridges. The bumper needs to come off (I have not done it yet) so just assume you'll need someone to help you manipulate the piece into the bumper.
I may just go for a m performance rpelica quad that I can paint estoril blue and leave center matte. However, this depends on whether the comfort trunk access can be retained. I need to figure out if all quad diffusors eliminate it. I read something about this but that was only on the F80s.
Appreciate 0