pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSaloonM3
i cant stand the wifi on gopro anyways. im still amazed how much marketing and track related apps bmw allows us owners and then the first thing they ask when something is broken is "were you on a track" so they can claim user failure. what the FUCK.
I hear you- but in my opinion, there should be some reasonable bound for which BMW can warranty the product and for which users agree to use it.

To me, tracking a car in any meaningful way pushes the limit of that reasonable bound.

That's not to say that we can't or shouldn't track our cars or that BMW can't and shouldn't promote their product's utility on a track- but I'm not sure that BMW should be obligated to indemnify us from the cost of operating above that boundary.

Otherwise- our warranty's (and by extension BMW's) would be far more expensive.

Think about it- what's your guess on the % of lesees that track their BMW but wait for their covered service intervals to have any maintenance done? I can't imagine that BMW would be willing to assume that everyone who pushes their car to 9/10ths is caring for it appropriately.
i agree but they are not driving that slow in their marketing tools. in fact, those drivers are better than 99.9% of us being that a pro is driving them. and i know we have some pros on this forum hence the 99.9%
Appreciate 0