gerbs
woof
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnsbrae View Post
Luckily for them, I chose an F10 when I cancelled my F30 order. Others might jump ship altogether from the brand.
Honestly, all of this really comes down to production costs. Obviously, there was no one in the room that was fighting for BMW to delay the new Nav so they could intentionally screw over the early 2013 folks. There must be a surplus of parts of some sort that they need to use up prior to November, or some sort of coding/software platform that won't be updated til then on the assembly line. Long story short, there is some 'logical' argument somewhere in existence that we need to remember.

That being said, the strongest point here is that BMW has absolutely zero consideration of the handful of people who are 'affected' by this issue (read: those who are paying attention to the fact that there is a new nav system coming 3mo after 2013 production AND have placed custom orders on their new 3 series.) -- We are literally less than 0.01% of BMWs clientele.

Not to go off on a tangent here, but let's be real.. The rest of the BMW consumers (at least 95% non-enthusiast, I'd say?) are oblivious to these changes and will notice no difference in their safe, luxury German sport sedan. And we know how "interestingly" educated CAs are about new BMW products and news...

If we were a $132 billion dollar corporation, we wouldn't care either.

It makes sense from a business perspective. From a consumer perspective, it blows.

2013 F13 ///M6 Sakhir Orange
2013 F30 335i Estoril Blue II
2008 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue
2007 E92 335i Montego Blue
Appreciate 0