ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: I20 IX M60 Oxide Grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by myaccount View Post
Learned something new today... Has been frustrating the past couple of days for the wife after I drive the car since the profile wouldn't switch to her profile when she would start the car. At first I thought it was because I may have not been locking all the doors after I use it. We have CA. So, when she unlocks the car by touching the handle, it should switch to her profile. The important thing I learned was that profile will switch to her profile only if it is unlocked from the driver's side or if the locks are already opened, the key fob has to be out of the car when opening the driver side. If it is unlocked from the passenger side, the profile will not switch. After unlocking from the passenger side, if you leave the key fob in the car and then walk over to the driver side and open the door, the profile still won't switch since the key fob is in the car.

Bottom line... If you want to make sure the car switches to profile associated to your key fob, make sure key fob is outside the car and open the driver side door.
How does the car know which human is unlocking it? Is it based on keys - so you effectively have 1 key each?
Appreciate 0