View Single Post
      07-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #14
ATX78703
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmode View Post
I am in Shanghai right now and the number of luxury cars in the streets are mind boggling. I was actually thinking today how long before China overtakes US as the #1 market for luxury cars. Audi is so dominant here ( despite double the price compared to a similar US model). I also saw more Rolls Royce being driven by regular people to the mall in 10 days than I did in my entire life. I live in San Francisco now and have lived in LA in the past. So I have seen my fair share of luxury markets. But Shanghai seems to be in a different league.

Also, I am intrigued by the "gaudy and Chinese" comment. I don't see any Chinese people drive around with Chrome wheels and other flashy stuff. BMW's recent design flops have nothing to do with Chinese culture. Stop being ignorant.
+1. This is fact now. Mainland China has exploded and taken over what Hong Kong and places like Singapore used to be. This is the biggest consumer market for the time being, so get used to soft-riding LWB cars people!!