01-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #33
KellerKiller
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i M, EBII, mit alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
15 years of snow, 0 AWDs, 0 winter tires, 0 chains/studs, 4 cars (nissan sentra, ford taurus, ford explorer (never touched 4wd), now f30 328i), 0 accidents ever, never got stuck. At most rock the car a few times to get out of a parking space, or some shoveling. My insurance is 800 for 3 ppl, full coverage with 500 deductible. What now?

Being a sensible driver and keeping a light foot on the gas and being aware of other cars is the best thing you can do in bad weather. All those winter tires and AWD is gonna do jack shit if you're flooring it in 1' snow.
lol you must live in or near the city. Otherwise, it's just a gamble. Just like Vegas, eventually you lose. In Germany, if you get in a wreck in the winter and you aren't wearing winter tires, you are automatically at fault. On the snow, once you get moving, moving is never the problem. lol but yes, in general, being sensible is always the way to go. But, sensible also means equipping yourself as best as you can for the conditions you may face. I have winter tires (for the law and also for what I keep on running into in winters like these) and I also have chains, just in case. Just don't be that guy. Especially in a BMW...

Last edited by KellerKiller; 01-26-2013 at 09:16 PM..
Appreciate 0