View Single Post
      01-30-2011, 04:10 AM   #19
AlpineSwift
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé

Bumping this because I have to. I guess I'm a hardcore elitist by saying that I will never give up my inline 6 for a 4 banger.

Having said that, I would like to comment on something.

The possibility of BMW releasing a 3 series without a manual gearbox is downright ridiculous. If that happens they can bet on more people like me that will continue to drive the older models and refuse to give in to the idea that an automatic is "Joy".

The fact that there hasn't been a single shred of hard evidence as to what this car will look like (apart from renderings) is insane. If they truly are planning an unveiling late this year then its obvious that they have either completed or damn near finished the final design. Someone somewhere needs to get eyes on it.
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP3 Tuned by MAC Autosport, Original Prototype Xi DOCRace 6266 Single Turbo Swap, VRSF CP w/Synapse BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Stoptech Stage 2 Slotted, xHP Stage 3, Earl's Racing Oil Cooler, Turner Boost Gauge, M3 Lip Spoiler.
Standing Mile Record Holder for Xi over a mile high: 168.2MPH @ 5512'; The Colorado Mile hosted by The US Mile.
Appreciate 0