View Single Post
      01-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
sekitori
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Fenomeno 415 View Post
So I just got a new bumper cover replaced and 2 days later all of a sudden my PDC alarm is acting up. As I'm putting car in reverse, the alarm is making a constant sound with nothing visible behind the car? Anyone else have this problem?
I experienced the same problem. It happened after I had driven in the rain for a couple of days. When I put the car in reverse, I heard that steady sound even though there was nothing behind me. I agree that it's very upsetting to have a safety feature you rely on suddenly stop working for no apparent reason.

In my case, the fix was surprisingly simple. I wiped off the rear bumper with a couple of paper towels. Not only was the bumper wet, but it was also filthy. That was probably due to junk from puddles on the road being splashed onto it. After the bumper was clean, the PDC operated normally.

Were you driving in wet weather after the bumper cover was replaced? If you were, wiping it off might be of help. If it isn't, the problem could have been caused by the replacement of the bumper cover. But if that was the reason, it should have shown up right away, not two days later. If cleaning the bumper is of no help, take the car back to the dealer.

Please keep us informed as to any possible cause.
Appreciate 0