Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
The M4 isn't really lighter than 435i, so it sounds like it might be a chassis/suspension setup situation. Maybe your 435i has too much unsprung weight? Am sure you properly corner weighted the car during suspension upgrade and optimized mechanical grip via new alignment. Hmmm...

The 435i's CG might actually be lower than the M4. Hmmm... Maybe time to go Lotus or ??? i totally get the desire for a tossable car, yet few street cars really are as compared to track counterparts. Of course if you want an M4 just get it and have fun. The 435i is a lux-hinting GT-ish fun car, whereas the M4 aims for a more sporty appeal.
435i starts at 3635 lbs., the M4 at 3530 lbs. More importantly the M4 has a lower CG not just because of ride height, but distribution thanks to the lack of sunroof and CF roof. The M4 is also 2 inches wider. Even MORE important is the LSD. So really, there is a LOT going for the M4/M3 as far as handling.

One other thing that most people forget: the M4 doesn't come with RFTs. OP, are you still running run flats?
The car was properly corner balanced and aligned when the coilovers were installed. It's not any issue with the car, it just doesn't feel as nimble as the M4 and I don't think it ever could for reasons stated above and then some.

I have Hankook Evo2 V12's as summer tires and Continential Extreme Contact as all seasons on the stock wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 613Bimmer View Post
Not to mention the xDrive 435i is somewhere near 3800lbs if I remember correctly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane435 View Post
The M4 is all fine and dandy but i can't get over the raspy, civic-y exhaust note. I personally believe any F80 owner who thinks it sounds good is fooling them-self. When you are driving it, I could see why an owner would think its fine because the cabin is so well insulated. But if you are behind one or see one go by its really not appealing. Believe me, I want to be proven wrong so I can go buy one. Until I can hear one in person with an aftermarket exhaust and DP's thats sounds good enough to live with, I will continue to pass on it and piss money into my 435.

Its undoubtedly better than an 435 msport in every department but I personally draw the line somewhere and sound to me a big part of the driving experience. Its unfortunate because the whole segment is beginning to sound terrible, so maybe in like 5 years the M4 will sound like God's chariot compared to the rest.
The sound is subjective, it is raspy but I would not compare it to a civic.

I think the N55 sounds much better but I've also heard S55's that sounded damn good, it's all preference.

It might not have the best note but I think that's countered by the uniqueness and burbles and pops
Appreciate 2
Insane435480.50
jmg18789.50