05-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #64
Gravitron
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX78703 View Post
Unfortunately, Audi is doing in the States what it has long done in other countries - slowly eating into BMW/MB marketshare. That is a fact and quite frankly, it is well deserved.

Lexus/BMW/MB have owned the US market for a long time, but I think Audi is really on the rise.

recent reviews (like C&D) have better liking for Audi's EPS and use of the ZF 8AT better than BMW's. This coming from the car mag, which has notoriously been criticized as being a bimmer-fan-boy. I'm sure we can all tell they have been showing more preference for audi lately.
I think this high-competition scenario is very fortunate. The more of a threat that Audi becomes for BMW and Mercedes, the more that the two big dogs will have to up their game. In the end that means better cars for us, right? Personally the only reason I went with a 135i is because the S3 doesn't exist in the states. If it ever came over I would trade my 1er in the next day. The N54 engine is really fantastic, but the quality of the interior is a joke. I have driven $13,000 econo-boxes that had less rattles and squeaks. Styling-wise, I'm also not a big fan of where BMW is going. Their only saving grace at the moment is stuffing RWD and a twin turbo 3-liter engine into an a-segment car.
Appreciate 0