View Single Post
      03-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #12
joe_hall
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 320d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andys83 View Post
I like you thought about it. I've got the 403 M's and was offered it by my Dealer, I'd be shocked to find out I was offered it but it was invalid. you can get diamond cut alloys fixed, they might not be 100% right but IMO I couldnt find the previous scuff!!

I was offered it £229 for 3 years for the Alloy cover, think the Tyre one was £150 over a simialr period, declined and have no cover at the moment.
Time to be shocked:

I have spoken to SOOO many BMW dealerships and other companies about alloy wheel insurance.

A few of them have offered it for an extortionate amount.

Basically, car2cover is offering a competitive RFT quote and doesn't seem to take tread depth into consideration vs BMW - so i've decided i'll probably go for 4 years cover with them.

Car2cover don't currently offer alloy wheel insurance, but are looking at doing so soon as part of another insurance product.

I spoke to BMW Protect - They revealed that NO BMW DEALER in the UK covers DIAMOND CUT / LASER CUT wheels (i.e. the 403M's).

I confirmed with the dealer I spoke to who originally offered it and they admitted the 403's aren't covered...

ALA doesn't cover diamond cut wheel cover, in fact no other insurance company does. RAC say on their website that they offer cover and that for diamond cut wheels, they need to be sent off for 10 days - but this pdf online is outdated and this may have changed.

I'm now left with the 19" 403 M wheels that can't be covered. I don't usually have problems with alloy wheels, but there will be other people insured on the car and this is where the risk comes from...

Appreciate 0