View Single Post
      10-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #90
rjc32000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335Xi M Sport 6MT

(F30) Official GLACIER SILVER F30 Photo Thread

Finally picked up my new 328 X Drive M Sport yesterday from BMW of Anchorage. I absolutely love it! It took forever to arrive in Alaska, but was well worth the wait.

Options:
M Sport
Black leather w/ walnut
Sport Auto
Cold Weather
Tech
Premium
Xenon
M Sport Grill
Snap in Adapter (media)

I've put 180 miles on it in past 24 hours, and couldn't be happier. No steering vibration, and the fit and finish is just awesome. I'm still discovering all the functions and shortcuts with iDrive (thanks mostly to the great posts on this forum), but really love the iPod interface via the snap in adapter--much more intuitive and user friendly than the standard iDrive interface, although I wish the videos would fill the entire screen rather. As others have mentioned, however, you can't do split screen when using the snap in interface, which is probably a deal breaker for those who rely on Navigation.

Love the HUD; seeing who is calling, changing radio stations and selecting different tracks from iPod/iPhone without having to take eyes of the road or look at the iDrive system is really slick.

Comfort access is the surprise feature for me; I'm shocked how much I like not having to get fob out of my pocket to lock/unlock doors. That said, the automatic trunk opening trick is more miss than hit for me, and I can't get it to work consistently.

But most of all: Performance! Wow, what an amazing car! So much fun to drive, and so confident in the corners. Fabulous acceleration (can't imagine what it must be like in 335, and M3 must be scary fast!). I honestly don't find the ASS to be as intrusive as others seem to, and will probably continue to use it unless it becomes a nuisance.

So wasn't the most beautiful day today, but here are a few pics I took (with my iPhone - sorry for quality) last night and today.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their tips, wisdom and knowledge as I waited for the car to arrive. My CA said that turning the car over to me was the easiest delivery she had ever done as I already knew how to do pretty much everything (and a few things she didn't know!).

And yes, that's snow in the last picture! Going to order my winter tires today.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0