View Single Post
      04-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #160
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I'm still confused on what you're trying to say. The A4 can have the exact same setup as the S4, less the sport diff. So an A4 S-Line is essentially an S4 with a different motor, very similar as a 328i compared to a 335i. Just because Audi uses a different letter doesn't make it a different car.

I don't really want to get into the automatic vs DCT setup, but with the ZF 8s having nearly identical shift times as DCT, what's the difference? Honestly, if it doesn't have three pedals, I really don't pay attention.
Upon further investigation you are correct. The A4 starts to get expensive when you add S-line and Premium Plus package to compete with a Sport Line, Premium Package 328 but it still undercuts BMW's price. The problem is one is a new model and the other 3-4 years into it's life cycle.

The other question is price. A basic 335 with leather is under $45K where the S starts at over $48K. They are missing a basic model with the V6 engine. That's my point. You can't get a fast A4 for a non-enthusiast but you can in the 335.
Appreciate 0