View Single Post
      02-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #35
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

The pistons were confirmed to be the same CR but different part numbers as the 320 is said to have inferior pistons. So the difference is the pistons and the dme tune with less boost to compensate for the weaker pistons. 328 can more than knock on the door of the 335 with just the BMS tune results show sub 5 second 0-60 and nearly 105mph traps. I got my tune for $300 lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stom_m3 View Post
Actually you'll need to reread what I said. Look at the parts list, the cylinders for the N20 and N26 are now discountinued. Both 320 and 328 engines have been confirmed with the same 10:1 compression ratio from another board. The exhaust manifold/turbos, head, connecting rods, crankshaft, intake manifold, air filter, intercooler, throttle body, MAF, and DME/ECU all share the same part numbers. Most likely the HP/Tq difference between the two motors will be the difference between a 0 and 1 in the ECU. Hence the 320 will likely be low boost and the 328 high boost.

Someone else summarized that the 320 will be able to knock on the 328 doors but it will now be difficult for the 328 to knock on the 335 doors. Possibly what this is saying is that even the 320 could knock on the doors of the 335. I guess we'll find out shortly as more people start modifying their cars.

As for the brakes, agreed, the 328 is lighter but it's not just a one stop performance. It's obvious that both brake systems are able to bring the tires to maximum adhesion. I think you will find it rare for any modern car that can't. But it's consecutive stops and the consistency of the performance over the consecutive stops where the 335's brakes will start to perform better.

Regardless, I've made my decision and you've made your decision which is why we have what sits in our respective garages accordingly. Nothing wrong with that.

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0