View Single Post
      07-29-2017, 08:19 PM   #1390
jsmorales07
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

LIMP Mode Aux Fan Replacement

Any help would be appreciated on current F30 335i engine issues....

So I was getting limp mode, no power from 2k-3k rpms, air conditioner blowing warm, aux fan running super loud, engine oil temp gauge pegged at far left of gauge. After shutting off the engine, I would restart and the car ran perfectly fine with the exception of the check engine light staying on. This would happen maybe once every two or three weeks, then it progressively got worse. It would happen every week, then it started happening every day. I recently replaced the auxiliary fan, and ran the check engine codes. Following codes were viewed and cleared:

Thermostat Jammed Open
Auxiliary Fan not running at full capacity
Fuel micro leak
Mass Air Flow Sensor short circuit

I cleared all codes, and have put about 100 miles on it since the auxiliary fan swap. Luckily, no check engine light as of yet, but it went into limp mode again this morning and it has started to throw a "drivetrain malfunction" warning. But the car continues to run perfectly fine. After the limp mode this morning, car ran fine except the air conditioner would start to blow warm at idle, then blow cold under load and normal driving. I am starting to get really frustrated. The next fix will be the thermostat since I received the "thermostat jammed open" code. Anyone experience these problems? Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0