01-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #226
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
[LIST][*]Lane Departure Warning is basically worthless (good thing I didn't pay for it, ha!). Sure, it will vibrate the wheel a little bit, but by the time you've drifted that far you'll probably notice yourself. I keep it turned off so I don't have to to look at the lines and arrows in the center of the instrument panel.
My parents have this in their 2013 Caddy XTS and sometimes it can be so annoying. I think it can also distract from driver intelligence.

Quote:
[*]AH3 has a "secret" compartment on the left side of the trunk. I think this is where the Combox is, in the standard F30?
Showoff. You can store your stash there.

Quote:
[*]H/K stereo is not quite as good as the Enhanced Premium Sound I had in my M3. The default settings have too much treble, so I have to take everything down about 2-3 clicks starting at 2kHz to 10kHz. The EPS had stronger bass, and the Surround mode was actually enjoyable. The L7 just adds weird echoey processing.
Agreed that L7 processing can be weird. I used a guide I found for the E90 HK stereo and it worked quite well for the F30 HK. No L7 and I'm satisfied.

Quote:
[*]NBT is fast fast fast. Scrolling through any list, or Navigation options just flies. The traffic data does seem more detailed than the older Nav. I haven't tried 3D views, yet.
Did I say showoff? Enjoy your speedy Nav.

Quote:
[*]I really like how incoming calls with name are displayed right in the HUD.
I get that too with my old school CIC Nav.

Quote:
[*]I did get the M-sport dead pedal... some of you did not with the M-sport package?
Only if you got the beige interior from BMWNA. Not sure what they do in Euro cars.
Appreciate 0