11-28-2007, 09:54 PM   #10
ukthunderace
Autobahn Cruiser
Germany
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Tief Gruen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Thanks for the advice. I've opted to go w/ the A* Track Pant, I just need to stop by the local shop and try some on before ordering them from RidersInc. I've also decided on the Woodcrafts.

Which roadrace school would you recommend in So.Cal?
Cool...Bring your jacket with you to make sure the zip circumference is good.

Hmmm...I know there are a lot of schools in SoCal that have very good reviews. It is difficult to say because it depends on your riding skill and how comfortable you are with spirited riding. The Keith Code schools have always been very good. They concentrate on riding smoothness, keeping the pace rather than heavy braking and accelerating. They are expensive (especially if you use their bikes, which I would recommend), but well worth it. I have done the Honda and Yamaha race schools in the UK, both using their bikes. Very good courses. One of the big plusses is that you are on a track, so no need to worry about traffic and you can concentrate on riding skills alone. It is also not a track day, so no need to worry about people being competetive and, therefore, overly aggressive (beyond their skill level).
DISCLAIMER: I do not own stock in any SoCal race schools
Appreciate 0