11-30-2007, 10:39 AM   #15
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by L~R~G nor cal View Post
Ok first of all if this is your first bike you need to take a class. That is a whole lot of bike for a first time supersport bike rider.
Second you need to be really good on the break-in period. Dont rev it all all.
Done! I have already obtained a permit and insurance, and my MSF course is tomorrow and Sunday. I should have my M endorsement shortly after that.

Quote:
As far as gear, dont buy HJC, or any cheap helmets. They are not good at all. Spend the extra money and at least get a 400$ plus helmet. Make sure you get a riding jacket with pads. Also buy some pants with pads as well, some companys have jeans built in with pads and look like normal jeans. Gloves are a must. Get ones with alot of hard padding, not the cheap golf like gloves that u could spit through.

Make sure you never, and I mean never ride in shorts. Always ride with tough pants on like jeans, leathers, ect. I personaly hate leathers, but they skid the best and keep the wind out the best.
I already purchased a Shoei RF-1000 Voyager, A* GP Plus jacket and track pants, as well as a pair of A* GP Pro full-gauntlet riding gloves. I also have a pair of Sidi Vertigo Air's. The only thing left for me to purchase is another back protector.

Quote:
Make sure you buy frame sliders asap. If you dont order them 15min after you read this, you are fu@cking up bad. They will save your bike like no other.
Done! My Woodcraft frame sliders will be installed next weekend.

Quote:
As soon as you can buy a stearing dampener get it. Head shake is a bitch. Even if your bike has a stock one, buy a GPR dampener cuz you can set the stiffness to what u like at all times.
The '07 GSXR has a stock damper that works well. If headshake ensues, I will then consider upgrading.

Quote:
Never drive in ran. Its not too bad driving in ran, but you have to worrie about cars.
...Sadly, it rained today in So.Cal.....so I didn't ride. I'm in the bimmer!

Quote:
Lastly be safe. Always check around you for other cars. Never ride without your helmet, try to stay off the freeways as much as possible, and try not to ride at night.

If you have any other questions PM me, I have raced motocross, and ridden the street for along time.

AND CONGRADS!! YOU WILL HAVE ALOT OF FUN. CARS WILL FEEL LIKE TURTLES NOW!

Thanks bro. If I have any questions, I will definitely hit you up. For now, I only have a permit, so I do not ride at night or on freeways.
Appreciate 0