View Single Post
      11-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #88
boltjames
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
So BMW is making a car for the person who is in their 40s right now and they don't expect anyone in their 20s who wants all that stuff they've done away with to be interested in buying their cars? What about all the guys who bought bimmers in the early 90s...shouldn't they be pissed because they're now in their 50s or 60s and BMW makes cars for guys like you, who are in their 40s?

Your post makes absolutely no sense. It doesn't matter how old you get or I get, they don't make a car for one specific demographic. And pricing has nothing to do with your salary or my salary, it has to do with what price they can maximize profit at in the current market and you must know that.

And they've stated they are trying to get more female buyers. They are adapting the character of the vehicle to sell more. It's not a hard thing to see. The f30 is the most Lexus-like entry level sedan that BMW has ever made. The other luxury brands are moving more towards sport-tined vehicle to try and mimic BMW. THerefore, the gap is closing.

And go ahead and call Cadillac an off-brand. It's priced as a luxury brand and being evaluated at almost as good as the 3er in the first iteration of the ATS. But of course, you know more than all the people who make their living in the industry, right?
I don't know how to respond to your post because I agree with BMW's current strategy. I like the fact that the F30 is larger, softer, and more luxurious. If that makes it more chick-centric or more Lexus-like, good.

For those BMW enthusiasts who are living in 1997, they are supposedly working on a 1 Series sedan that should meet their needs.

Those who make their living in the industry of magazines are all about one thing; selling magazines. No BMW owner would ever drop their car for a Cadillac. A Cadillac is designed for an 80-year-old American, the very antithesis of what BMW drivers want to be perceived as.

ATS sales suck. Rocket science, I tell you.

BJ
Appreciate 0