View Single Post
      08-23-2017, 06:58 AM   #5
Revoltos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i

I think this issue could go two ways.
There is a recall (although BMW refuse to call it a recall instead they call it a technical enhancement) for a resonance issue in which vibrations are transmitted down the air con hose in the engine bay and through the bulk head. The fix is to jubilee clip a dirty great weight around the hose to break the harmonic. I thought anything newer than a 15 plate had a later hose design? Could be wrong.

The second fix is leaves etc in the fan blower assembly. To remove and check, take of the cover underneath the glove box above the passenger foot well. You will see a round shaped chunky piece of black plastic nearer the A post side. Undo the multi plug and remove the three torque screws and it will drop down. Just hoover up any debris you see and spin the motor by hand to see if it has noisy bearings, lube the spindle with some spray grease if you can. If you haven't done in a while you could easily change the pollen filter at the same time. That's about it.

I've done both the above to my 13 plate and it fixed certain noises. Just wind noise left to deal with now.
Appreciate 1